Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 24, June 4th (Hayden, Colorado)


Had a banana, tuna fish, Reliv, and whey protein for breakfast. Been traveling for about 4 hours then found some shade and made a triple decker peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I'm looking down at the ? River that seems to be in near flood phase. Off in the distance are the windmills. I must face the snow capped Rockies of Colorado. In a few miles the high desert that has been my life for these many days will end. I'm excited. Maybe as excited as Don Quixote was. That will the high passes bring. Life is one big question. About 10-12 miles to Steamboat Springs. From there Hop-a-long and me will begin the climb.
Did you know that guard rails talk? They creak and pop quite often when I pass.
Got into Steamboat Springs, Colorado at about 6:00pm. Found the lady that a man in Maybell asked me to stop and see. She is his mother-in-law. What a wonderful lady. She is a Messianic Jew. I didn't know there was a group of Jews that had accepted Christ. She talked on about this group, the scriptures, and life for an hour or so. She must be in her 90's. I enjoyed so much listening. During this time she put on some Jewish music and got her tambourine and danced for the Lord. Before I left, she gave me juice and some type of blessing. What a great person to meet. She was happy that I stopped. So was I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment