Monday, May 12, 2014

Wonderings--

Am I a man or am I a muppet (from the Muppet Movie)? Is my name David or Don Quixote? It is the night before I leave. 20% chance of rain tomorrow. What will the months ahead bring. I fell down in the shower yesterday, so I am probably not the 30-year-old I envision myself. Still I am determined. How hard can it be to put one foot after another, pedal once and then again. I am definitely a David.
I plan to leave about 8:00am or as soon as the kids leave for school I have permission to stay in a parking lot in Perry, Utah, 26 miles away. There is a 5 mile hill between here and there that I can't ride up. I walked 26+ miles once in 10 1/2 hours. I should make the parking lot sometime tomorrow night. I hope that hill in not littered with discarded treasures after my passage.
The wife is making me cookies for the journey. I'd throw the iron lung out beside the road before I'd part with the cookies.

2 comments: